The Triouzoune lake
Our cottage is situated next to the Triouzoune lake, also known as “the lake of Neuvic”. This lake or reservoir is about 410 hectares and offers a wide variety of leisure activities.
During the summer months there are 2 supervised swimming areas. Here you can find multiple bouncing castles floating on the surface of the water.
The more active ones amongst you can hire a canoe, a kayak, or water bicycle.
If you prefer something more speedy, you will find opportunities to water ski and jet ski, you can hire a motorboat, or you can surf and sail. There's even a sailing school.
In the neighbourhood
- V.V.T. Mountain bike – parcours
- Guided tours
- GPS, geocoached tours
- Horse back riding
- Quad rides
- Boating and jet ski
- Motor bike tours
- Puy de Manzagol( +/- 2 km.)
- Belvédère de Gratte Bruyère (+/- 10 km)
- Site de st. Nazaire (+/- 19 km)
- Confluent Dordogne – Diège(+/-15 km)
- Les orgues de Bort-les-Orgues (+/-35km)
- Belvédère de Marèges
- Les Marèges
- Barrage de l’aigle
- Puy de Dôme, extinct volcano, 1465 meters high, can be reached by tourists train.
- Salers, one of Frances most beautyful towns.
- Collonges-La-Rouge, known for its pretty red brick houses.
- Curemonte en Turenne, two enchanting villages where you can visit the churches and castles.
- Le Sancy en Le Puy Mary, two mountain passes which will make you enjoy the wonders of nature.
- Rocamadour, one of the most visited places in the French Lot region.
- Château de Sédières, a remarkable castle where lots of summer festivities are held.
- Pompadour, known for its hippodrome and horses contest.
- The Reservoirs at Bort-les-Orgues, L’Aigle, Les Plaines en Le Chastang.
- A hiking trip along the Dordogne. (Spontour)
- Sarran, where you can find the Musée du Président-Jaques-Chirac
- The waterfalls of Gimel, one of the most beautyful places in theCorréze region.
- The slate quarry of Allassac.
- The Gallo Roman settlement ; Des Cars, in St-Merd-des-Oussines.
- L'aventure Michelin, the museum about the history of tiremaker Michelin.
- Vulcania, an amusementpark for people of all ages.
- Churches / Abbeys
- St. Angel
- Chapel of Pénacorn
- Castle of Ventadour
- Chateau de Val surrounded by the reservoir of Bort-les-orgues.
- Site de Gour Noir at St. Pantaléon-de-Lapleau.
- Castleruins of Peyroux.
Other interesting places
- Museum of the Resistance at Neuvic.
- The Gentiane Express: Tourist train of theHaute Auvergne.
- The Overpass at Rochers Noirs.
- Windmill at Valiergues built in 1840.
- Leather Museaum in Bort-Les-Orgues.
- La Mairie 'La Bastide' of the XIIth century (Liginiac).
Do you have interest to move to la douce France yourself or are you looking for a holiday home, ask for more information on www.itplak.com.